The Scoop

Hey, I will not close this blog ok?

Thursday 30 August 2007

Mad Scientist?


Hey! Guess what are these... Hahaha! Due to boliaoness, I did something that you cant imagine in the lab DURING BIOLOGY PRACTICAL TEST! Hehehe... I've finished the paper 1h earlier and I was really too free and got nothing to do. So, I did something insane and you probably will feel ti2 xiao4 jie1 fei1 if you saw me doing this.

We were doing the effect of water potential on plant's cell sap's experiment for the test. Hahaha! When I say so, I'm sure you know what are those black and white thingy already. For the whites, they are "unprocessed" potato sticks. For the blacks, muahahahahaha! They were being "processed"! I added EVERYTHING AVAILABLE ON MY BENCH (except AgNO3, NaOH and H2SO4), then poof! Black potato is born! LOL!

Chemical added : ammonia, nitric acid, hydrogen peroxide, barium chloride, lead nitrate, potassium dichromate, acidified potassium dichromate, iodine and some other chemical but I cant remember.

After H2O2 was added, lots of white fume liberated! Shock! I thought it is going to explode already, but luckily it didn't.

Hey, for those who have the privilege to enter the lab, you may try this out! LOL!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hmm i wonder how can the black colour produce..the only black colour thing in chemisty i know is the copper oxide only haha..